Japanese Marathon Series - Tohoku Food Marathon 2019
Tohoku Food Marathon & Festival 2019
A marathon for eating and supporting Tohoku after earthquake.
6 years after the 3.11 Japan earthquake and tsunami. The economic and the livelihood of local residents in Tohoku area was destroyed by the massive earthquake and tsunami 6 years ago. Local government aims to recover the economy from the shock, and to promote the wonderfulness of local landscape, culture as well as food, started a race namely "Tohoku Food Marathon & Festival" from 2014.
The upcoming race will be the 6th one. Participants were only 1,300 and audience were merely 15,000 on the first year of race. Until 2017, participants were increased 5 times to 6,500 and audience were increased to 45,000. It grows into an one of the major activities throughout the year for the local people.
Why it is called a "Food" Marathon? Because "Food" is pronunced almots the same as "culture" in Japanese language. The local government hopes to promote both delicious domestic foods and wonderful culture of Tohoku area. One of the main feature of the race, is how surprising the mid-race snacks are! Fruits like apple, strawberry. After that you will get your main dish, like miso soup, dumplings, scallops, sausages, even though ramen! Finally for the dessert, cakes, yogurts, chocolate tarts are not far away. What a fruitful eating party and meaningful marathon!APPLY NOW MORE DETAILS
1. Accommodation in Sendai for 2-night and 1-night in Tome (including Breakfast).
2. 2019 Tohoku Food Marathon entry fee.
3. Free shuttle bus to/from hotel and starting point/finishing point.
4. Free one-day tour in Tohoku Area on Mar 23.
5. Free admission to the night party on Mar 23 in Tome.
|22 Mar||Check in|
|23 Mar||9:00am||Official 1 day tour of tohoku Area|
|6:30pm||Pre-festival of marathon|
|24 Ma||7:30am||To Start|
|3:30pm||To Sendai Hotel|
|25 Mar||Check out|
Price Per Person
Full Marathon Runner (42.195km)
Single room : HK$5,090
Single room : HK$4,400
Application InstructionsThanks for your interest to the marathon. Applications are now closed.
Please register our e-newsletter for most updated information regarding priority entry (if any) next year.
Click here to register.
- The price above does NOT include round-trip air tickets and all airport taxes. Please ask our staff for details if necessary.
- Runners must be 19 years old or above upon the race day. No refund will be eligible in case the runner is disqualified by the organization due to age cheating.
- Runners should evaluate their physical condition before participating. We are not responsible for any accidents occurred during the run.
- Participants should ensure they hold a valid passport and visa (if necessary) for immigration. We are not responsible if the participants are rejected by immigration.
- Due to limited quota is available, reservation with our staff is required before settling payment.
- Once the payment is confirmed, no cancellation or changes of names or other details are allowed. Full payment must be made within 2 working days after the reservation confirmed. We reserve the right to cancel the application with no refund in case the payment is delayed. No changes of names or details are allowed.
- Accommodations are arranged by the organizer and could not be designated. The itinerary and prices are for reference only. KNT (HK) Limited reserves all rights to change the itinerary and arrangements of this package.
- This itinerary and price is valid until Feb 10, 2019 and is subjected to availability.
- Participants are advised to apply travel insurance before departure.